Friday, October 20, 2006

Does anyone find it a wee bit ironic?

My job is to make weddings easy for people, yet I'm having the most difficult time getting divorced! Is there such a thing as a divorce planner? Ah, yes...They're called lawyers.

So, I've been in city hall a total of about seven hours over a period of two days. Our documents have been reviewed five times, and after each evaluation I am told that we are missing another document. I run back home and return to provide the document, and upon review of the stack of papers, I'm told that yet another document is missing. This has happened four times now!! I'm sorry, is this some sort of game??? Because I'm certainly not having fun!!!

Apparently, the bureaucrats could care less that I have a job to attend to. Their job, from what I can tell, is to make sure that nobody gets married, divorced, or registered. You would think they were doing us a favor, the way they look down their noses at us "common folk".

The ex-husband was there, looking as defeated and derranged as ever. One day he says he's moving to New York, the next he informs me he's staying in San Diego. I don't care what he does, as long as he signs the divorce papers and stops giving me a hard time. He's smoking more than ever, and looks about 60 years old. Revenge is sweet, considering I look about 27!! I really would not like to reach my 50's in the shape he's in: divorced, lonely, chain-smoking, alcoholic, neurotic, overweight, with unhealthy habits and thoughts, broke, and with a very stunted outlook for the future. YECH...THIS is the man I was married to for almost 3 years???????? WHAT WAS I THINKING???

I compare him to T.: sweet, caring, warm-hearted, considerate, doting T...I still have to pinch myself when I'm with him to realize that it's not a dream, he's the real thing. He's the man I always envisioned myself with, but never thought I was good enough for. Yet, he loves me, with all my flaws and baggage. And I love him, with his quirks. Thanks to him, it gets a little easier to get out of bed each day...Unless he has his strong arms wrapped around me, in which case getting out of bed is the last thing on my mind!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home