Sunday, October 22, 2006

"My big fat Latino/Jewish wedding" meets WWF

I found out last night from my DJ that I still had some issues to deal with concerning B and R's nightmare wedding (see "The wedding from hell is upon me"). Here's the skinny on what transpired that night (hahaha..."skinny" and the bride was about 250 lbs. *ahhh*). Keep in mind that I had already left for the night, after working a 15-hour day for the ungrateful creature.

11:00pm Two female guests, one from the bride's side and one from the groom's, decided to start yanking each other's hair out on account of a (surely repulsive) man they were both attracted to. When the male guests on both sides realized that the women were starting a cat fight, testosterone (combined with gallons of cheap tequila) surged through their veins to their (underused) brains, and they joined in the battle. Soon, there were approximately 20 people involved, between those who were fighting and those who were trying to break up the brawl.

11:10pm The security guard called the cops, who quickly arrived (go figure, normally they take ages to arrive on the scene of a crime) to split up the feuding sides. While the guests composed themselves, the police told the musicians to stop the music because the wedding was over (keep in mind that the clients had booked everything until 1am). The musicians, obeying the police, packed up their equipment and departed.

11:30pm The DJ was packing his things when he was approached by the groom and instructed to play a particular CD. Intimidated by the 6'6", 300 lb. groom, who moments earlier had been swinging his fists like an enraged gorilla, the DJ meekly agreed to play the music.

11:45pm
The mother of the bride (who, by the way, looked like a cheap Spanish hooker in a flamenco dress three sizes too tight and a bosom that started at her throat and ended at her belly button) demanded to know where the band had gone. The DJ explained that they had left when the police had told them the wedding was over. The mother was furious and told the DJ to contact the group. The DJ said that he had no way of getting in touch with them, and the mother left, foaming at the mouth.

If the protagonists didn't look like overgrown apes (and that's just the women! You should've seen the men!), this would have all the makings of a movie. Fighting at a wedding...Does it get MORE romantic???

(Note: I don't think the group was wrong in departing, but they should have told the couple. If the police said the wedding was over and told the group to stop playing, they would have been going against the officer's orders by continuing to play. I will need to find out from the group why they departed without telling anyone. If I get any money back from them - which I highly doubt - I will refund it to the couple. However, if I have to choose between upsetting my vendor, who didn't do anything wrong, and upsetting my client, who was at fault for the mishap and treated me like crap throughout the entire planning process, is it really difficult to guess who I'm going to side with??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home