Friday, January 19, 2007

Pretty in pink

One of my goals this year is to participate in the Rosarito-Ensenada bicycle race, a 40-mile event that takes place twice a year down in my neck of the woods. My father gave me his super-duper light, fast and amazing bike so I could enjoy what has always been his favorite sport. (If you're reading this daddy, I love you!)

Mr. T has been training me on the bike, patiently showing me how to unclip my bike shoes from the pedals (easier said than done!), how to change gears, and how to get out of my seat when climbing hills.

I love the thrill of flying down the road, the challenge of climbing a hill, and the feeling of accomplishment at conquering another personal milestone. What I don't love are the saddle sores associated with cycling.

Sometimes I get so uncomfortable during a ride that I start yelling "Santoooooooos!!" at the top of my lungs. Go ahead and laugh, but I can tell you something: My girly parts are NOT AMUSED.

I have thickly padded cycling shorts and Mr. T even suggested I use a wool seat cover to protect my girly bits. OK, people, that's NOT going to happen!

sheepskinseat

Would any of you be caught dead riding with this seat? I didn't think so...I'd be the laughing stock of the biking community, people would think I have hemorroids!! No, no, I'd rather suffer the pain than bear the shame.

Because Mr. T has a vested interest in keeping my girly parts happy, he did some research and surprised me with the most beautiful, most thoughtful early Valentine's day present I have EVER received!

jersey

Not only did he get me a seat specially designed to accomodate my girly parts, but he also got me a PINK jersey and matching PINK arm warmers!!! Is that not the cutest thing EVER??? I'm such a lucky girl...

So, next time you see a flash of pink zooming past you on a bike, go ahead and wave because it could be me!

12 Comments:

Blogger twobuyfour said...

What a thoughtful gift! I had no idea that you were a cycler. Biking is my new favorite exercise. I've been getting in to it for the last few summers. I haven't done any races or anything yet, but I'm thinking that this summer will be when I start getting serious about it. Around here only the insane bike through the winter. I'm building up my endurance at the local gym instead.

I recall fondly when a friend of mine did that race, 15 years ago. Boy was his wife surprised to find that he'd shaved his body for the race! Good times. Good times.

Let us know how you fare in the race.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

Um, I would totally use the wool seat if it's as comfortable as it looks. Everyone could laugh all they want, and then I'd laugh while they nurse their butt soars. I want that seat.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, please let us know how that seat works. My bike seat gives me a pain in the butt, literally.

4:57 AM  
Blogger L said...

Ok, you guys are just too cute!!! ;o)

Leigh Ann

12:22 PM  
Blogger an9ie said...

"SANTOOOOOOOS!" Oh, that made me laugh :) I thought you just kept riding till your girly parts went numb and didn't feel it anymore, but that's probably NOT a good thing. Let us know how the seat goes, I want to get one too!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

LOVE the pink girly clothes....they're perfect! :)

5:52 AM  
Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

Ooh - I love the pink outfit! That's quite a race, and you're going to look so fabulous doing it!

3:24 PM  
Blogger TexInTheCity said...

SAAAAAANNNNTTTOOOOOSSSSSS! Too Phunnie!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Aw, that really is a sweet gift.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Margaret Singer said...

i just found your blog -- you're hilarious! i must know your true identity.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog! I am thinking to purchase a link on your blog. If you are interested, please feel free to drop me an email at pletterblog at gmail dot com. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks and best regards,

Jason

4:45 PM  
Blogger WizCoder said...

wow thats cool http://www.weddingplanlist.com

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home