Monday, October 23, 2006

Divorce hearing

I am pleased to announce that after much drama and red tape, we are finally moving forward with the divorce. Like my mom said, if they make it this difficult to divorce for a couple with no kids, no property and a mutual willingness to separate, can you imagine the turmoils that couples with more obstacles have to go through?

If the entire process hadn't been so frustrating, it would have been comical. Not only were we asked for five different documents on five different occasions, but when I was asked for an updated wedding certificate, I was told that they needed it to prove that we hadn't divorced somewhere else. I felt like shouting at her: Do you REALLY think I would be going through all this if I were already divorced???? %^&*#@

I will spend the morning visiting vendors and cleaning my office, all the while waiting anxiously for 2:00pm to roll around. As soon as the hearing is over, I'm off to spend a few wonderful days with T. A well-deserved break after a crazy week, wouldn't you say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home