Monday, November 13, 2006

It really is YOUR life...

I've watched "The Secret" twice since my last post and already I'm noticing a difference in my attitude, my focus, and the situations that unfold around me. The funny thing is, nothing in the film is really NEW to me...I've heard it all before throughout my life, both in spiritual teachings ("Ask, and ye shall receive" and "Ye have not because ye ask not") and in colloquial sayings ("Birds of a feather" and "Like attracts like"). I've sat through courses on quantum physics and have read books on taking control of your destiny. I've even successfully applied some of the concepts to my daily life for "small" things (the type and color of car I wanted, finding a good parking spot, etc.)

What makes the information different this time around is the fact that I feel strong enough and mature enough to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for the changes I want to see in my life and the consequences that result from my decisions. Some people go through life as victims, blaming everyone and everything for their circumstances. I've looked down on this type of person my entire life, but just 30 minutes ago I realized that I used to be one.

From this moment on, I take control of my life, my actions, my thoughts, and all consequences. Watch the movie, read the book, look into the concepts...You might think it's a bunch of hokus pokus or you might find it life-altering, depending on how ready you are to take responsibility for your choices.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger shellz said...

Yeah, the Secret is good...I saw it about 6 months ago, after attending a Manifesting Abundance seminar with a Catholic Nun!! I have definitely noticed things changing and manifesting since that time, but it's an ongoing process. Have you seen What the Bleep Do We Know...also a good quantum physics thing.

One book that really amplified ALL of this stuff for me was "A Happy Pocket Full of Money" by David Cameron. If you can get it, I highly recommend that you read it. It'll shoot you into the stratosphere with this Law of Attraction stuff!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger shellz said...

Oh, and another great resource is Carolyn Myss's website. www.myss.com...she has a whole section on archetypes, and talks about the light and shadow side of each of them...she says that each of us has a stable of 12 different archetypes, and that all of us have The Victim, The Prostitute, The Sabatoeur, and The Child as core archetypes...very interesting stuff, and a good tool for looking at your life.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Baja Babe said...

Thanks, shellz, I'll definitely look into all of it!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

The Secret changed my life. I can't say enough good things about it. I watched it a few months ago as did most of the people in my life. My dad has made a fortune in real estate the last few months since watching it and employing the manifestations without doing anything else to drive his business.

Hi Shellz : )

8:45 AM  
Blogger TexInTheCity said...

Ok, you are my new blog crush! I love , love, love, love this movie and it has not only changed my life but the lives of my friends. IndieBlog rules!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home