Friday, October 27, 2006

My name is P. and I'm a procrastinator...

I don't know why people knock procrastination. I consider it not only perfectly healthy, but also absolutely necessary! How would I get my laundry done, my floor swept and mopped, and my sock drawer organized if I didn't have to find excuses to put off what I SHOULD be doing?

Last night I promised myself that today I would answer all e-mails and voice mails, as well as pay all pending bills. Well, it's 4:39pm and I've swept the floor, asembled a corner cubicle for my home office, put together a shelving system for my bathroom, moved my files and office supplies from my office to my apartment, sent a box of books to my brother, had lunch, bought an apple pie, ate an entire bag of chocolate-covered raisins (ugh!)...All of this, without managing to return a single e-mail or voice message.

I think I should apply reverse psychology to myself: If I increased the annoyance factor of sweeping the floors and cleaning the bathroom, maybe I would find myself answering e-mails in order to avoid housework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home